Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pruned up the Riesling for 2012 batch

Today we were up and pruning cherry tree's at sunrise. Sure enough one hour goes by and the snow starts falling. Two of my guy's made a run for it and the old timer Juan stayed to talk about pruning tree's before I was even born. Instead of standing there talking about working I took him down to our vines and put himi to work pruning our riesling we made quick for of the section I wanted done and they look great. This small string of maybe 30 vines are 35-40 year old vines. They are ungrafted vitis-vinifera with good healthy large trunks on them. We use this various small groups for personal wine experiments and for propagation of future vines for our larger vineyard. I look forward to what ever this year gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment